Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Scott Baxter, Photographer

Today I discovered flickr, a way to post photos. And I put a few up here.

Recently, when listening to the podcast, tips from the top floor, I heard a show (.mp3) about turning your hobby into a business. It seemed like a good idea to me. So, I did a little looking on the Internet and found much more advanced stuff than I need. I don't need to worry about IRS, copyrighting images, or most of that other business stuff. I'd just like to get someone to pay me to take their picture once in a while. My big dream would be to make enough to buy another camera -- like this one, or this one, or maybe photoshop elements. Not enough to make any real money.

I was walking around campus this week and saw they have these posters up for people running for homecoming court with a face, info about the student, and what number to vote for. Some of the pictures really weren't that good. I figure I could charge a couple fraternities or sororities to take pictures that were at least as good as the ones I saw.

Anyway, the goal might be to get someone to want me to take their picture and for me to say, OK, but I'll have to charge you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home