Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Friday, September 09, 2005

Roger Ebert and Toronto

Here's a quote from Ebert's essay just before the Toronto film festival starts. I personally like the last line.

I have already seen most of these movies. What lies ahead for me? Last year at this time “Ray,” “Kinsey,” “Yes,” “Palindromes,” “The Sea Inside,” “Undertow” and “Hotel Rwanda” were only rumors to me. I write on Wednesday night, and will see three or four new movies tomorrow, and be astonished by completely unexpected treasures. I permit myself to be delighted until I reflect that in the real world, titles like this do not open every weekend, or play everywhere, or get much support, and there are perfectly nice people who are going to see “Deuce Bigalow, European Gigolo” under the impression that it is a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home