Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Back Home Again

I guess I spent about $800 for the six days I was in Madison. Not bad for an international conference.

Highlights from my driver on the trip home:

"I'll pay for your sandwich [$5]; you pay for the gas. [$25]"

[After four hours of driving] "Are you sure you have to go?" ... "If you're not back in a minute and a half I'm leaving without you." [Seven minutes later. Car is running. I get in and the car is backing up before I've even closed the door.] "You know I almost left without you."

[For the only period (ten minutes) that we drove less than 10 mph over the speed limit] "I hate trucks."

***

Did I mention it was hot in the car?

I wonder when/if I might manage to get the $80 back for the bus that didn't go from Madison to West Lafayette?

3 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

I guess you were glad when you finally got home! What a rude person to threaten to strand you!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Yes. As Dorothy said, there's no place like home

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure it wasn't all that entertaining to live, but it was pretty entertaining to read. reminded me of john cusack in the sure thing. you should write the experience up in a hunter s. thompson manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home