Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Point and Shoot Pictures

Since my computer is down for a while I thought I'd try taking a roll of pictures on my old point and shoot 35 mm Canon camera. I picked up the prints today at Walgreens ... and they suck. People are out of focus, the flash is too bright, the outdoor pictures are grainy (and this is ISO 800 film). If I ever buy another film camera, it will be an SLR. (This is a nice one that I put on my amazon wish list.) I hate taking pictures and finding out that what I saw in the viewfinder is not the image I recorded. I didn't realize how much more enjoyable my picture taking hobby has been since buying my Nikon Coolpix camera last year. I am also amazed to see that the 4600 (similar to my 4200) is $150 to $200 less than what I paid for an model with fewer bells and whistles. Maybe the digital SLRs will come down to $200 in a year? One can hope, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home