Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lost Luggage

So here I am back from campus visit number five; this time it was in Pennsylvania. When I got on the plane at 1 pm, I saw them load my suitcase on. After that we transferred in Pittsburgh to go to Indianapolis -- side note: it was snowing when we landed and the plane circled the city for at least 15 minutes to wait for enough visibility to land and we almost were redirected to Morgantown WV -- I got on the plane and made it to Indianapolis at about 5:45. However, my bag was nowhere to be seen; and I was not the only person filing a report after that flight. As of 9 am this morning, US Airways has still not located my bag. Hopefully they will soon because I have another campus visit coming up Thursday next week.

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

We lost luggage en route to Kiev, but I think they found it within a day or two, so here's hoping you have yours tomorrow!

Pittsburgh is an interesting city with good topography. I wasn't aware there were many non-Americans there, though! I guess there are always foreign students.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

Well, good if you like hills and rivers. Not so good if you like Indiana!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Actually, the job is in Lancaster. It's an interesting area -- close to the Amish so people come in the summer to do the Witness movie recreatioin tour -- but the school also recruits from inner city Philly and Harrisburg. So, there's a mix of small town PA students and about 10% Latino and African-American students. That's a bigger percentage than Purdue. Unfortunately, the real estate is more than West Lafayette

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

I was born in Lancaster! It's not Franklin & Marshall, is it? I visited there when I was looking at colleges. I don't know much about the area, since we moved to VA when I was one, but it seems like a nice enough area, not too remote, but not metropolis. If you can afford to live there, of course! The blue states are always more expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home