Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Getting Ready for the Conference

Today I was taking care of all those last minute details before going to St. Louis for the WAC conference tomorrow. I'll be renting a car from Budget and, naturally, I need a valid driver's license to do this. But, with my daughter's birth, I let my Indiana license expire. So, today I was going to go to the BMV to get an Indiana license. But I missed one too many questions, out of fifty, and have to try again. But on Wednesdays -- that's today -- the BMV closes at 12:30 and does not open again until 830 on Thursday. That means I need to go to the BMV, pass the test and get my license, and then come back to the rental car place before driving to St. Louis.

I'm disappointed.

4 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger lucie said...

having fun I see :)

so I've been studying in our office all by myself... very disappointed too! your dreamweaver thingy is on your desk. have fun in saint louis :)

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like something from a computer game. Before you can complete this quest, you need object X from planet Y. Before you can go to planet Y, you must upgrade your spaceship. Etc.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger lucie said...

do you have to go to the BMV or the DMV? maybe the BMW?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lenise said...

Bummer! There you have it: your tax dollars at work!

Well, have a safe trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home