Hackerwriters

An Online Journal

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Moving Toward Finishing This Thing

OK. Some of you might have noticed that not every post was about my dissertation.

Yesterday I met with my advisor, and he gave me some good advice about looking for jobs. I don't think that anything he told me to do was really all that surprising. But it's good to see the big picture. All this shows me the importance of planning and persistence. One especially nice thing he said about when someone asks him if I'll really finish when I say I will. He said, "I'll tell them yes."

Also, since reading the book Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day, I have been doing well writing two or three pages every day. It's generally not three pages of finished work, but it's progress. I must be up to about nine pages now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home